Casinos & Gaming, Hospitality
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
STATUS: Full Time or Part-time
REPORTS TO: Security Shift Supervisor, Security Shift Supervisor/EMT
This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
Protects the assets of the company and provides a safe environment for employees and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enforces company security regulations.
2. Guards transfer of money, chips and tokens from and to various locations in the casino.
3. Performs all security related duties for the casino.
4. Ensures all casino policies and regulations are followed at all times and is constantly alert, identifying safety hazards and violations of the State Gaming Compact and Tribal Gaming Ordinance.
5. Must be familiar with and in compliance with the State Gaming Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinance, departmental policies, human resources policies, casino policies and applicable state and federal laws.
6. Types incident reports into the ITrak system in an accurate and complete manner and submits them in a timely manner as per department policy.
7. Protects the patrons, employees and assets of River Rock Casino.
8. Follows chain of command on all matters.
9. Properly mans assigned posts.
10. Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents, in accordance with company policies.
11. Acts as a role model; always presenting oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
12. Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
13. Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
14. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
15. Attends all required meetings and training.
16. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
1. Previous Security experience highly desired.
2. Must be computer literate in (MSWord/EXCEL) and Internet E-Mail
3. Experience with incident report writing desired.
4. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
6. Must present professional appearance at all times.
7. Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
1. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
3. Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
4. Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
1. Ability to proactively streamline processes for company's return on investment.
2. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
3. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
4. Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
5. Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Must possess and maintain a California state issued Guard Card; or obtain a Guard Card within six months of service.
2. CPR Certification/First Aid preferred.
3. Must possess a valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record.
4. Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
1. Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
2. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
3. Must be physically able to stand and walk for long periods of time regardless of weather conditions.
4. Must be able to lift up to carry the weight needed to perform the duties of the job.
5. Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip and carry heavy loads and run on level surfaces.
6. Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
7. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
8. Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
2. Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
3. Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
4. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED