Becoming Independent (BI) helps people with developmental disabilities live meaningful and productive lives. We are a nonprofit community benefit organization serving the North Bay with a purpose to elevate human abilities for the mutual benefit of our Community. Our core values of human dignity, empowerment, integrity, community and innovation are at the heart of our vision – a community of innovative partnerships, fostering authentic human connections.
Each year thousands of individuals walk through our doors and are welcomed with opportunities to be productive and engaged community members through three strategic initiatives:
- Day Programs
- Independent Living Support
- Employment Support
At BI, we believe…
- Our pioneering model has and will always break barriers for people with disabilities.
- In the power of authentic human connection.
- That beauty and potential exist in each of us.
- It’s our responsibility to be active citizens.
- In standing for the rights of all people, the right to a life of dignity and fulfillment.
- We inspire other through our actions.
- We are all connected and our community is enriched when we invest in one another.
- That every social investment has the potential to be broadly transformative.
Perks of working at Becoming Independent (BI):
- Social Impact
- Flexible hours (Part Time & Full Time positions available)
- Robust Benefit package
- 403(b) retirement package with employer match
- PTO & holiday pay
- Professional Development & growth opportunities
- Comprehensive training program
Join the strongest organization for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the North Bay! Apply today at: https://becomingindependent.applytojob.com